Things falling into place

And so it begins...

Yesterday/this morning we finally got contacted by our predecessor and received our essential information booklet - now I know where I will be teaching; Kakegawa Higashi High School - a school Kakegawa City, Shizuoka. So far the description of the school and my "extra" duties sound very exciting and interesting. I really do hope that my experience is similar to what my impressions are!


Map of Shizuoka (found on Google Images)- see if you can find Kakegawa!

In the next few weeks I am going to make a few small "lists" of things I packed and am going to pack etc as well as any "survival tips" that I've gathered over the years of preparations (and what I have experienced so far). But today I want to introduce my new goal - Japanese language learning!

By putting my goals on the blog, it motivates me even more to learn and study even though I know I am not going to always be in the mood to study!

So my first mini-goal:
To be able to introduce myself in Japanese to my neighbors, colleagues, students and new friends upon arrival in Japan.

This may not seem like much but the reason why I am going to post several mini-goals is to make sure that I don't get too frustrated over time when it feels like I'm not able to do anything. If I am able to reach my mini-goals while working towards my ultimate goal (and that is to easily and accurately speak and read basic Japanese - aka to be understood whilst making minimal errors along the way in conversations - in 1 year's time). So basically I am aiming for an elementary level of communication.

Will keep you updated (and will post some more travel posts soon!)

So tell me, are you currently learning a new language? And do you have any goals in mind. If you are a JET - how do you feel about the daunting task of learning Japanese or being submerged in this completely new life?

Until next time!

0 comments: